The Dolpo region is one of the least-visited trekking destinations of Nepal. Lying in the far-western side of Nepal, not many people have explored the beautiful landscapes of western Nepal. The Dolpo Trek is an unexplored rugged and remote trekking route along with the beautiful scenery of the snow-capped mountains and small villages that make this trek attractive. The alpine freshwater oligotrophic lake of Phoksundo and the beautiful Shey Phoksundo National Park are the major highlights of this trek.
Included meal: Dinner (D)
After arriving in Kathmandu Airport through Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be received by a representative from Arihant Holidays. You will be escorted to your Hotel. We schedule a Welcome Dinner for you in an excellent traditional Nepalese Restaurant where you will be entertained by Nepalese cultural program as well as feast upon an excellent ethnic Nepali meal. Overnight stay at Kathmandu
Spend the visiting different popular sites in day in Kathandu valley. Also carry out any required purchasing and packing of necessary items for the upcoming treks. Overnight stay at Kathmandu
Dolpa is generally reached via Nepalgunj, a city located in the lowlands of Terai close to the Indian Border in South Western Nepal. After breakfast we depart from Kathmandu and catch a flight to Nepalgunj. Spend the day taking a rickshaw ride around town. The street of Nepalgunj is filled with the hustle and bustle of the bazaar with horse carts filled with people going and coming from the Indian border. Culturally the region resembles India than upland Nepal. Take a trip to one of Nepal’s most important Hindu Temple: the Bageshwori Temple. Overnight stay at Nepalgunj.
We catch a flight to Juphal in the early morning. After landing in Juphal and meeting up with the rest of our team, we begin our journey of the Dolpa Circuit. We descend down a cluster of houses and wind down the trail and through a valley to reach Dunai, the capital of Dolpa district. Overnight stay at Dunia.
We pick up the trail heading eastward out of Dunai and trail alongside the Thulo Bheri River to reach Lingdo. Overnight stay at Lingdo.
We follow the path across suspension bridges, enjoying the glimpses of the Putra Himal and past cypress trees. On the trail be on the lookout for white breasted dippers, a breed of birds that are indigenous of the region. Journey through the cedar forest as the walls of the valley starts to get narrower until you reach the gorge alongside the river. Navigate through a steep hillside to reach Laina Odar. Overnight stay at Laina Odar.
We climb up the face of the cliff past a mini-pass strung with prayer flags. We pass through a gorge so steep that the river is no longer visible. Across suspension bridge and following the riverside trail we reach Nawarpani. Overnight stay at Nawarpani.
The trek to Dho Tarap encompasses an amazing experience of trekking through the trail chiseled out on the sheer rock face. Walk through a canyon where the walls glow like amber. The trek leads thru a Trans-Himalayan landscape and pass a great view of camp sites at the bottom of the flat valley floor till we reach Dho Tarap. Overnight Stay at Dho Tarap.
We spend the day at Dho Tarap to assist in the acclimatization. Explore the village of Dho Tarap made up of a cluster of houses surrounded by fields and mingle with the locals and learn about their culture and religion. Visit the surrounding monasteries and spend the day enjoying the beautiful view. Overnight stay at Dho Tarap.
We leave behind Dho Tarap passing through a remarkable Kani. Trek past various villages and monasteries to reach the Numla Base Camp. Overnight stay at Numala Base Camp.
We climb up to the Numa La pass taking in the beautiful scenery of the mountain ranges. We descend down the steep slope to reach the campsite at Daingar. Situated in a meadow near the Panklanga Khola with beautiful snowcapped Norbung Kang towering on one side and the high pastures on the other. Overnight stay at Danigar.
We follow the trail up the Panklanga Khola, winding up over the slope. Enjoy the perfect view of the Norbung Kang and the Baga La range. We trek past the Baga La pass with the dazzling view of the snow capped mountains. Past the pass the trail is marked with bushes and trees till we reach Kanjirowa Himal towering above Yak Kharka.
We start the day climbing the slope from Yak Kharka and cross the river. We follow the path through a small pass and through a pine forest to Ringmo, located on the shore of the Phoksundo Lake. A sacred lake surrounded by the snow capped mountains with enchanting deep blue waters that changes to emerald green close to the shores. Overnight stay at Phoksundo Lake.
The path to leads us through the shade of a pine forest until we reach Rechi. We follow the trail up the top of a steep hill where you can get a magnificent view of the Phoksundo Lake. Along the path you will also come across the Phoksundo waterfall. The path descends down the hill alongside the river, past bamboo and walnut trees to Chhepka. Overnight stay at Chhepka.
The path from Chhepka is a steady descent with some small climbs descends before reaching Jumphal. Travel through a forest and then a dry landscape to gaze upon the Dhaulagiri Range. Passing villages and the check post got the Shey Phoksundo National park, we cross the suspension bridge towards Jumphal.
We catch a flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj and subsequently to Kathamndu. We will organize a Farewell dinner in your honor to celebrate the successful completion of your Trek to Dolpa in the evening.
The time for departure has arrived so we say farewell to the mountain range. You can squeeze in some last minute sightseeing and shopping. A representative from Arihant Holidays.com will escort you to the airport before your scheduled flight.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Three nights accommodation in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu, two nights in guest house in Nepalgunj/Jupal and tented accommodation in mountain
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu-Nepalgunj -Jhuphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu)
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals and boiled water in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; special trekking permit for Lower Dolpo trek
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
Please consult us over WhatsApp to discuss about group offer.