Sensational views of array of high snow capped mountains, dramatic landscapes, verdant high valleys, Buddhist culture, warm-friendly hospitality of high landers, pristine lakes, breathtaking view points, in the heart of world’s heritage ‘Sagarmatha National Park’ and on the shade of Mt.Everest
The Everest region is understandably one of the most popular and spectacular destinations for walkers and it offer some of the most fascinating and enjoyable trekking. This trip begins with a sweeping scenic flight to Lukla, the trek starts from here, our trek follows many farm villages on route with beautiful views of the high snow capped peaks of the world, and to Thyangboche Monastery for the outstanding breathe taking view of the surrounding majestic peaks including Mt.Everest and the towering Ama Dablam.
Everest Trek is an excellent trip in the Khumbu region, includes all the highlights of the Everest National Park including Namche Bazaar, Khumbu’s Sherpa capital, with time and opportunity to visit the Buddhist monasteries one of the oldest in the area at Thyangboche.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport you will be received by our staff and will transfer you to respective Hotels, where our guide will give you a brief orientation on the Hotel, Kathmandu, Trekking, do’s and don’t and other related information that you might require while in Nepal.
After your first night in Kathmandu, you will be well informed on arrival about the time for your half day guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu at places of interest.
25 minutes flight to Lukla 2,800m 9-10km (2 1/2 -3hr walk) to Phakding at 2,652m. Early morning after breakfast you will be transferred from the Hotel to domestic Airport a short drive of 20-30 minutes, after the necessary security formalities (keep your pen-knife-lighter-matches and other sharp cutting items including scissors and other knife in the bigger baggage not in hand bags) board in the smaller twin otter or similar plane for the sweeping panoramic flight to Lukla.
On arrival you will be received by our trekking guides. In Lukla you will have time to wander around, while the Sherpa crew sort and divide the load baggage on the Ghopkyo (mix breed of Yak & normal cow, as the Yak cannot survive below 3000m) some loads are carried by porters, lunch hour depending upon the time of arrival at Lukla either in Lukla or few walks farther down enroute to Phakding. The walk is gradual and most of the way, with few ups from Tarhe khola, where you can have a superb view of Kusum-Kangru 6,369m crossing a short suspension bridge, from here after a short climb brings us to the Ghat village, another 11/2hr of gradual walk brings you to Phakding village for the overnight stop near the bank of the Dudh-Kosi river.
From Phakding after crossing the suspension bridge over the Dudh-Kosi the walk is pleasant with few short uphill and downhill and re-crossing the same river again, with magnificent view of Thermasarkhu 6,608m,from the village of Benkar, cross the long suspension bridge over the Bhote-Koshi river, after the bridge on this busy trail of trekkers and Ghopkyo and porters, finally arrive at a small village of Monjo.
Monjo is situated below the magnificent peak of Thermasharkhu and near the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park.
After few minutes walk from Monjo, reaching at Sagarmatha National Park, from here a short descend and a gradual walk brings to the suspension bridge over the Bhote-Koshi river, after the bridge Jorsalle village is reached, the last village and the only place to shop till Namche Bazaar is reached, after a short walk, a second bridge is reached over the same river, the walk is pleasant on the river bed till the last bridge over the Imjatse river is reached, from here the walk is along the winding uphill path all the way to Namche Bazaar, with magnificent view of Kwangde peak and its other sister peaks towards east, with Kusum Kangru on the back as you climb higher, view of Mt.Everest- Nuptse wall, Lhotse and the closer view of Taweche peak can be seen all the way up to Thop Danda, where there’s a resting stone wall for the porters and trekkers few years ago a teahouse existed here, from here another 1-2 hour walk up brings us to the famed most talked about place Namche Bazaar, the colourful houses are situated in an amphitheater U shaped bowl.
Suggested activities a short walk uphill to the Sagarmatha National Park Headquarter, a magnificent spot perched on top of Namche Bazaar with breathtaking view of the surrounding snow capped giants and the valleys way down, with an interesting museum with all kinds of information regarding the history of the Himalayas, geographic, culture, mountaineering history and existing information on flora and fauna of this region, afternoon at leisure.
The walk is fairly easy for the first half, after a 20 minutes climb to the top ridge of Namche Bazaar. Once at the top near the park museum the walk follows on the gradual trail with few short up and downs overlooking magnificent view of the great giant snow peaks from Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thermasharkhu and Kwangde-ri peak after a pleasant walk of two hours coming to a small place at Shanasa, the trial descend to Imjatse river at Phungitenga 3,250m, the walk from here is strenuous for an hour on the winding trail through the shade of woods with grand views of snow peaks Thermasarkhu and Kantenga, then finally reaching at Thyangboche one of the most beautiful place in the Himalaya the first thing that comes to your eye is the big Monastery or a Ghompa, then the large field with campsites and teahouses, lodges beneath the towering majestic beautiful peak Ama Dablam with Everest looming above the Nuptse wall in the north with Mt. Lhotse and Lhotse Shar towards north east and more peaks all around you.
Retrace the journey back to Monjo via Namche Bazaar and Shanasha, with mostly downhill walk all the way to Monjo with a short steep climb to the Park entrance.
Last day of this great trek will be one of the good walk to Lukla, you can walk at your own best pace, leisurely and enjoying the lush green scenery around.
Apart from few short uphill the only long climb will be just before Lukla which will take approximately 40 minutes from a place called Choplung or from the old big oak tree. On reaching Lukla, prepare for the last day great dinner and a party with the fellow Sherpa crew, porters and trekking members.
The flight time to Kathmandu is scheduled for morning normally, because of the wind in the afternoon. Sometime the flight time can be delayed due to bad weather and other reason.
Depending upon the flight this scenic flight from Lukla takes about 30 minutes to Kathmandu. A panoramic view of the snow capped peaks can be seen from window of the plane. Arriving at Kathmandu domestic terminal, our staff will receive and escort you back to the Hotel.
A free day in Kathmandu, please inform our staff if you would like to go on another short tour in and around Kathmandu Valley.
Today as per your international flight time, keep your confirmed air ticket, and your passport handy. Our office staff will take you to the airport for your final departure from this amazing country, Nepal.
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle before and after the trek
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu domestic airline tickets including for the guide
- All Domestic airport taxes where applicable
- Meals on full board [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner] during the trek
- Accommodation on beautiful / standard tea houses as per the itinerary
- Everest National Park Entry Permit for all group members
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card
- Experienced English speaking, government licensed and ministry of tourism trained trekking guide with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit
- carried by the guide
- Necessary paper works, all government and local taxes, company service charges
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees ( two passport photographs ), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation
- Personal nature expenses ( bars and beverage bills, drinking water, bottled drinks, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc. )
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control (
- Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu (Except optional complementary dinner)
- Services not mentioned in 'Incursions' above ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )
- US$ 1,040 per person in the group of minimum 1-2 pax.
- US$ 955 per person in the group of minimum 3-5 pax.
- US$ 920 per person in the group of minimum 6-9 pax.
- US$ 865 per person in the group of minimum 10-15 pax.
Please contact us over WhatsApp to discuss directly about group offer rates.